02 May 2008

Ayana Features: Doll Closet

For this week's Ayana Feature, I'm presenting Doll Closet. In this shop you will find quality handmade doll clothing. This shop reminds me of my mother-in-law because she has a collection of procelain dolls. Since Mother's Day is coming up, I will feature shops that remind me of my mother and all mothers. So for today's Flower Power Friday I am featuring Christine with Doll Closet!

1) Tell me a little bit about yourself and your shop.
I have been into sewing for as long as I can remember. I started sewing doll clothes as Christmas and birthday gifts for my little sisters and soon their dolls had WAY too many clothes. Then came the idea of selling them. Actually I can’t take credit for that, my friend Ashley (http://ashesplace.etsy.com - who is also the one who told me about Etsy) got me into selling them at farmers markets and I took off.

I enjoy many other crafts also, such as knitting, quilting, cross stitching and the like. Another hobby I am really getting into is photography. I plan on setting up a second shop to sell prints soon.

2) How did you decide on your shop name?
Doll Closet. I wish I could take credit for it, but actually my mom came up with it. I really like it, I guess because it just makes sense.



3) What inspires you?
Shopping for fabric! I love it! Until I check out of course, LOL. There’s so many cute fabrics out there, it’s really inspiring thinking of all the things I can do with them.

4) What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I’m not sure I have a favorite. I tend to like the old-fashioned dresses better personally, but right now I really like this one. The hat was a pain to make but it turned out really cute, don’t you think? =)


5) What advise do you have for other Etsy sellers?
Keep at it! Be patient. If people like your stuff, it will sell. You just have to give it time.

Here’s a fun question:
6) If you could be any super hero (or villain), who would you be and why?
Spiderman. He’s cool.

Shop for custom handmade doll clothing at http://dollcloset.etsy.com/

3 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a cute shop and you did good on the interview..I really enjoyed reading it.

Unknown said...

Great interview!

Liebling said...

Wonderful review, I love your shop. My mother in law handcrafts mohair bears, and sews all the victorian clothing and hats for them as well. You two could talk for hours!

Jess

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online