13 March 2008

Paddle vs. Artistic Wire

As you know I went to B&B the other day for red seed beads for my sweetheart roses (click for previous post). When I was ready to make them, I remembered that I am extremely low on red wire. Since I didn't feel like going to the store, I decided to use green paddle wire instead. I started working on a rose for the boutonniere, but stopped when I taped it together. I don't like seeing the green wire from the front or the back of the bloom.


Front View

Back View


I actually prefer paddle wire, especially since it's cheaper than artistic wire. 26 gauge paddle wire is also stiffer than 26 gauge artistic wire. When I first started making beaded flowers, I used 24 gauge wire and hated that my fingers were sore at the end of the day. I love artistic wire because it's available in a wide range of colors. I can only find paddle wire in green, gold and red (only in 24 gauge) at my local craft stores.

So even though I love the mini-sweetheart rose I made for the boutonniere, I think I'll wait to get red artistic wire before I continue.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online