13 February 2008

The DIVA Behind the Beads

I've decided to talk more about me this year so that my customers and potential customers can get to know me better, besides the fact that this is my blog and I can write about what I want to. So....Let me reintroduce myself. My name is Crystal and I'm the DIVA behind Ayana Creations. Ayana means "beautiful flower" in Ethiopian and so I sculpt beautiful flower creations. :-D My gift is making beaded flowers using the vintage art of French beading. Just to clarify...I do not use any vintage supplies, I use a vintage technique.

I also make jewelry and accessories. I began making beaded flowers when I was trying to decide on a stress relief outlet during my internship as a domestic violence/sexual assault counselor in addition to graduate studies, family and other responsibilities. I am a self-taught artist and I’m passionate about making flowers come to life with my seed beads. :D

I am also the wife of an amazing husband and mother to an energetic son.

I am currently a full-time social work graduate student at Virginia Commonwealth University and I'll be graduating in May...on my birthday. Isn't that exciting?! Well it is for me.

In the little spare time that I do have, I write poetry. Check out my poetry blog The Seeds of Life. One day I plan on being a slam poet...of course that will only happen when I have more free time. *sigh*

So in a nutshell . . . that's me, the Diva behind the beads.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online