09 January 2008

Wedding Flowers Commission

I have been commissioned to make a hand-tied bridal bouquet with orange lilies and baby's breath/stephanotis and a lily boutonniere. Throughout the crafting process I will post pictures of the bouquet and boutonniere. I hope you enjoy my "adventure".

Lilies for the bouquet



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily for boutonniere



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...so I decided to make stephanotis for the bouquet and boutonniere instead of baby's breath. I have not made them before, but found them both easy and quick to make.





Here's the boutonniere . . .






And the bouquet

Option 1: the leaves are right under the lilies, which makes them hard to see from this angle.




Option 2: the leaves are placed in between the lilies to make them more visible from this angle.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So...my client decided on option 2. Yea! I curled the leaves into a spiral to make them look fancy and added leaves under the lilies. I also found ribbon that matched the orange lilies.




No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online